Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Quest for Italian Citizenship Begins!






Here it is! The first of many requests for documents. As I handed over the completed packets to David, the postal clerk, I took a deep breath and said a little prayer. I told David what I was up to while I was filling in the money orders. He thought it was pretty cool. When he took the envelopes from me, he offered words of encouragement, hoping for me that I would find what I need when my self-addressed stamped envelopes return.

I have to say that as I drove out of the Post Office parking lot, tears came to my eyes as I realized I had just taken the very first real step toward our goal, our Big Adventure. Today's first little step will eventually lead to us, arm in arm, taking in the passeggiata in the piazza.

1 comment: